Being Safe at Church
St Kilda Elsternwick Baptist Church is committed to providing a church environment and culture that is physically, emotionally and spiritually safe. We have a particular responsibility to ensure the protection and wellbeing of children and vulnerable people.
Our Safe Church Policy has been developed in accordance with the Baptist Union of Victoria and outlines current practices for pastors, leaders, members and participants to provide a safe environment and carry out our legal responsibilities through our policies and procedures. We are committed to promoting an inclusive, generous and caring culture and environment where all people are welcomed and respected.
Click here to access our –Safe-Church-Policy-and-proceedure-Oct 2018
Our Safe Church Concerns person is a church member who is available to provide support to anyone who does not feel safe or has concerns about the safety of others at St Kilda Elsternwick Baptist Church. You can email the Safe Church Concerns Person at SKEBCSafeChurch@gmail.com
The Church administrator also serves as our Safety Officer, responsible for Occupational Health & Safety in the church facilities. The office administrator can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or the church office on 9525 4620
Some helpful and current links include:
- St Kilda/Elsternwick Baptist Church Childrens Indemnity and permission Form
- Family violenc support https://www.vic.gov.au/familyviolence/family-violence-support.html
- Grooming grooming_betrayal_of_trust_factsheet_2017 (1)
- Failure to Disclose Factsheet – Failure to disclose offence
- Failure to protect Factsheet – Failure to protect offence
- The Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme About-the-Reportable-Conduct-Scheme