13th September 2020
This Sunday 13th September we will gather together on Zoom for our morning service and our AGM and quarterly church meeting Our AGM will be a part of our morning service and a celebration of life at SKEB. The church meeting will cover our finances, updates on what is happening at SKEB & CK and voting for 2 new deacons.
We invite you to bring your favourite cup or one that has special significance to you as we will reflect on the symbol of the cup during our service.
If you would like to join our service at 10am please send an email to email@example.com for the link.
Monday Bible Study
Launching on Monday 21st September there will be a weekly Bible Study for all who can make it. Teash will lead us through some wonderful Hebrew Bible passages that specifically focus on women, girls and those all too often overlooked. She will introduce us to a “Womanist” theological lens in an accessible and exciting way. Womanist theology is a feminist theology that specifically centres African-American women and their experiences. How might we learn from this lens and what depths can it add to stories we may already know (and others we may not know)? Come along to find out! Come along Mondays at 5:20pm for a 5:30pm start. Email Teash if you have any questions!
This is just a quick update on Community kitchen.
- the kitchen is now finished and will begin to start cooking this Monday.
- we have recommenced the Oz-Harvest delivery and this now adds to the Second Bite pick up.
- this enables us to hand out more food at the front of the church on Mondays and Tuesdays from 1:00-6:00PM.
- the food we cook will be frozen and handed out the following week.
- we have also been picking up food from the Port Phillip Council warehouse which is being donated from various prominent restaurants
- this has enabled me to deliver lovely meals to a few of our folk whom are isolated .
- due to the continued restrictions we will just continue to hand out food and monitor the situation as it progresses.
- it has been lovely to re-engage with many of our Ck folk when they come to the church for the food pick-up and this enables me to keep a little more active awareness of any urgent needs that may arise with them.
- continue to pray and uphold these folk during this difficult time.
- a big thankyou to Barry for the great work he put into the kitchen renovation.
- Regards Ross
We are a community of people drawn together by the love and grace of God
exemplified for us in the life of Jesus.
We welcome everyone.
This includes people of all cultures, races, religions,
mental and physical capabilities, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are committed to peace with justice, and the integrity of all creation.