It’s not always easy to be part of a church these days. We’re busy and overworked, and (some) churches can feel more like hard work than we’d like them to. So why do we bother?
Jesus knew that if other people were going to find faith for themselves, there would have to be places full of people who lived differently, and who could show what a life full of faith was like and that a church could be a place like that. He knew that we were created to be in relationships with other people and that a Christian community would be a great place for that. He also knew that maintaining and growing faith in a world that doesn’t always value faith would be hard but that it would be easier together.
We don’t always succeed at doing and being those things but we’re trying. Here’s what we love about our church:
- you can come and just be yourself; you can come to express faith, doubt, joys and troubles and always be accepted; your kids are welcome too;
- you can explore and deepen your own spirituality and find relationship with other people similarly curious about faith and life;
- you’ll find other people who believe that faith leads you to be concerned about the world, and not just yourself;
- you can be cared for if you’re struggling and care for others when that’s what they need;
- you can find ways to use your gifts and talents no matter what your background, age, culture or level of faith.
We meet together at 10am on Sundays. Our gatherings are informal and family-friendly and aim to enhance faith, build spirituality, encourage action for justice in the world, and build friendships and community. We love music, prayer and thought-provoking preaching on faith, the bible, current issues and the challenges of contemporary life. We always stay for coffee, morning tea and a chat after the service.
We have a crying-room where babies, toddlers and young kids can feel at home while their parents follow the service and listen to the sermon over the speakers.
Whether you live in Melbourne or you’re visiting from some other place, no matter what your background or story, you are welcome here.
Our Mission Statement
We are a community of people drawn together by the love and grace of God exemplified for us in the life of Jesus.
We welcome everyone. This includes people of all cultures, races, religions, mental and physical capabilities, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are committed to peace with justice, and the integrity of all creation.
Click here to find out more about our pastors and church staff.
Click here to find out more about being a safe church for everyone